Let’s keep our community and children safe
* The FBI receives over 2,100 reports of missing children each and every day.
* The first three hours are the most critical when trying to locate a missing child.
* The AMBER Alert program created in 1996 has successfully recovered 868 children as of February 2017.
* The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has assisted law enforcement in the recovery of more than 205,550 missing children since it was founded in 1984.
* One in 25 children aged 10 to 17 received an online sexual solicitation where the solicitor tried to make offline contact.
What's In The Kit?
Safe Kid Program provides the Country’s premier child safety kits to schools, day care centers, and preschools all around the country. Each child safety kit includes forms to document each child’s medical and personal information, including:
- * allergies and medications
- * blood type
- * height and weight
- * hair and eye color
- * birth date
- * dental chart for primary and secondary teeth
- * 10-finger fingerprint chart with a safe, non-toxic ink strip
- * instructions for obtaining a DNA hair sample with a heavy gauge storage bag
- * space to store a 4″ x 6″ photograph
- * two pages of comprehensive safety tips
- * a chart to denote any unique physical features
These child safety kits arm parents with the ability to educate their children in an informed, non-fear based manner. Additionally, these kits help parents to compile all of the critical information that law enforcement would need in the event of an emergency.
If you represent a school, preschool, or day care center, or you are a community-minded business who would like to learn more about sponsoring a program in your area, please visit our Programs page on this website. If you are a parent who would like your child’s school, day care center, or preschool to provide you with one or more of these child safety kits, we encourage you to contact the director or principal of your child’s school or day care center. Ask them to contact us about providing them with a supply of child safety kits, which they can distribute to their families.
Safe Kid Program coordinates the distribution of child safety kits by working with day care centers, preschools, public and private schools.
We are committed to providing children and families with the information and tools to stay educated, informed and prepared. While we recognize that there is no guaranteed way to prevent an emergency,
we believe that the child safety kits that we distribute, with the help of schools and day care centers, can help to greatly reduce the risks that many families fall victim to each day.
The kits allow families to take a proactive role in educating their children, while properly preparing for an emergency.
When most people first learn that that the FBI receives over 2,100 reports of missing children each and every day, they think, “That can’t be right. There must be a mistake with those statistics.” Unfortunately, that’s not an error or a typo. In fact, close to 360,000 children are abducted every single year. The tiny percentage of missing child cases that receive high profile media attention often gives people an inaccurate view of how widespread and serious this problem has become. The sad fact is that close to 1,000 children are abducted every single day.
As scary and depressing as those statistics are, there is hope. Two of the most important things that parents can do, to minimize the chances of becoming a statistic, include: educating their children and preparing themselves in a responsible way, in the event of an emergency. One of the best ways that parents can prepare themselves is by keeping accurate records of their children in a safe place. In the event of an emergency, every second counts. Being able to quickly provide accurate information about your child to law enforcement is crucial.
Find Out More
If you are a school, a day care center, or a business that would
like to learn more about our programs, please click the button below to find out more today!